Travelling By Car
Using a SatNav, our own postcode is OX4 1TB
By Car from the A34
- Take the Hinksey exit onto the A423.
- Henley / Reading road and turn left at the roundabout onto the A4144 Abingdon Road.
- Turn right at the second main traffic lights onto Donnington Bridge Road.
- Turn left at the lights / T junction onto Iffley Road.
- Daubeny Road is the second turning on the left after the Pelican Crossing, opposite the VW garage.
- The Convent main entrance is opposite the T junction between Daubeny Road and Warwick Street / Parker Street.
- Follow the long driveway and you will reach security gates. Use the intercom to gain entry.
By Car from the Eastern Bypass
- Follow the A4121 South until you reach the Littlemore Roundabout. Turn right through the sets of traffic lights onto the A4158 Iffley Road.
- Continue along the Iffley Road and keep to the right hand lane at the traffic lights adjoining the Donnington Bridge Road junction. Continue through the lights turning left into Daubeny Road as above.
By Bus from London and from Heathrow/Gatwick Airports
There are frequent buses from London (Oxford Express or Oxford Tube), Heathrow (Airline) and Gatwick (Airline) to Oxford.
You have 3 options
- If you are a keen walker you can stop at St Clement’s. It is a walk of approximately twenty minutes from St Clement’s along the Iffley Road to the Convent.
- Alight at Gloucester Green Coach Station and catch a taxi at the taxi stand. (OX4 1TB). Turn into Daubeny Road. The convent is at the end of this road.
- Alight earlier on the High Street/Queen’s Lane stop (the one after St. Clement’s).
Cross the High Street and catch a bus. Please see City Centre Bus Stops Map here.
Bus numbers are: #3, #3A, #3B, #3C. Follow “Oxford City Centre to Convent” below.
By Train & Local Bus
Oxford Railway Station to the Convent
There is presently no direct bus to the convent from the Oxford Railway Station.
Oxford Bus Company/Stagecoach Bus 3 or 3A at stop E1, T2 or K2 will take you to us.
See more instructions under No. 3 / 3A Bus.
To get to stop E1, you could either take:
- a 10 minute walk up Park End Street towards the Castle OR
- Take a StageCoach bus 1 from outside the Railway Station
See Map of Stops outside Railway Station,
Bus No. 5 will take you directly from the Railway Station to stop K2 where you can pick up the No. 3/3A. A timetable for the number 5 can be found here
Oxford City Centre to the Convent
Oxford Bus Company/Stagecoach Bus 3 or 3A will take you to us.
No. 3 /3A Bus
Bus 3/ 3A operates from Stops E1, T2 and K2. Please see City Centre Bus Stops Map here.
A copy of the timetable can be found on the Oxford Bus Company website here
To see the bus stops along Iffley Road, please click here.
Alight from the bus at the Magdalen Arms stop along Iffley Road. Walk a few yards and cross to the opposite side of the road at the pedestrian crossing. Walk down Daubeny Road. The Convent is straight across the end of Daubeny Road. Enter the car park and follow the drive which curves to the left. There is a path leading to a security gate. Push the button and someone will answer to open gate.