SLG Charitable Trust Limited (“SLG” and “we/us/our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. SLG is a Data Controller and is responsible for your Personal Data. This policy covers activities undertaken by us and our division SLG Press (“SLG Press” also “we/us/our”) and SLG 2017 Limited (“SLG 2017” also “we/us/our”).
Throughout this policy we will refer to Data and Personal Data and other defined terms which mean the following:
“Data Protection Laws” means the General Data Protection Regulation together with any other law relating to the processing of Personal Data and privacy in the United Kingdom;
“Data” means information which is stored electronically, on a computer, or in certain paper-based filing systems;
“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Data Subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person and where referred to in this policy includes special categories of Personal Data.
“Special Categories of Personal Data” means Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, politicalopinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Information we collect from you and you are known in this context as the Data Subject
We will collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our sites www.slg.org.uk and www.slgpress.co.uk (“our site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, including creating a user account, when checking out as a guest where no account is created, subscribing to our services and/or updates, or when we provide you with information about us, including providing you with free e-books, the consideration of making a grant to you, to process guest bookings and to collect payments for books or guest bookings where appropriate which may be via direct payments from you to us or via PayPal or some other automated means of collection. We may also collect data from you if you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, domain names, and referring website addresses.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time).
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from other websites, so for example information shared between the SLG and SLG Press website. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Special Categories of Personal Data
We will endeavour to keep the amount of Special Categories of Personal Data collected from you to a minimum. However, in order to perform our contractual obligations and legitimate interests we do collect the following Special Categories of Personal Data through our websites when taking guests bookings, prayer requests and through enquiry forms for those interested in joining the community or becoming an Associate and where information is shared by SLG Press with SLG if the nature of an enquiry indicates a response from SLG is required rather than SLG Press. On our guest booking form we do ask whether you have any mobility problems or special dietary requirements. When you respond to these questions you may be providing what is known as health data under the GDPR and health data is deemed to be Special Categories of Personal Data. We require this information in order to ensure that we meet your needs when you visit us;
- When making prayer requests you may well supply with us with information about your religious beliefs and religious beliefs are deemed to be Special Categories of Personal Data under the GDPR;
- If you complete the joining us form you are able to provide “Further information about yourself” and if you provide information on your religious beliefs that will mean that we are collecting Special Categories of Personal Data from you;
- When making an enquiry about becoming an Associate again you are able to provide “Further information about yourself” and if you provide information on your religious beliefs that will mean that we are collecting Special Categories of Personal Data from you;
- SLG Press’s contact us section of the website also provides a section allowing you to tell us about you and if you tell us about your religious beliefs we will collect Special Categories of Personal Data from you;
- Our Fairacres Chronicle subscription can be renewed online. This is our twice yearly publication with news, reviews and articles, amongst other things, and you will notify SGL of what association you have, which may mean that religious belief information is collected; and
- You are free to tell us information about you on our “contact us” form. We do not ask that you tell us about Special Categories of Personal Data but if you may volunteer this information possibly in the context of religious belief.
We are committed to protecting Personal Data and where we have collected Special Categories of Personal Data have put in place adequate security measures for its protection
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- processing of an enquiry form completed by you, your Personal Data will be shared internally in SLG in order to complete your request;
- processing a request for further information or expressing an interest in one or more of our services;
- processing prayer requests;
- processing grant applications;
- to collect payments from you and/or to send information to you;
- if applicable processing your application for employment and we shall retain a copy of your CV in case of suitable future opportunities.
- We do not process your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to process grant applications;
- to process guest bookings;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If SLG Press or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We store this information on our website to fulfil your requests. Your Personal Data is retained in hard copy and electronic copy until your request has been completed.
We store Data on WooCommerce which is used for online shop functionality within WordPress and WooCommerce transfer Data to PayPal.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to your Personal Data. Those rights include the following:
- The right to request access to your Personal Data;
- The right to correction of your Personal Data;
- The right to request erasure of your Personal Data;
- The right to object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- The right to request restriction of processing of your Personal Data;
- The right to transfer of your Personal Data; and
- The right to withdraw your consent to process your Personal Data.
Access to information
The Data Protection Laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Law. You also have the right to rectify Personal Data where it is no longer correct. If you wish to do so please contact us as set out below.
Under our data retention policy, your Personal Data will not be stored for any longer than is necessary. How long Personal Data is retained will depend upon the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with Information Commissioner’s Office (“ICO”)
If you have any complaints about the way in which we process your Personal Data please do contact us, as set out below and we shall send to you our complaints policy. Alternatively you have the right to lodge a formal complaint with the ICO.
Our website is not directed at children and we do not expect to receive any enquiries from children. If you are under 18 years old we ask that your parent or guardian provide their consent before you provide any Personal Data to us.